– Skiing 2 – 9 days touring ski and freeride in Postavaru and Fagaras Mountains, in Balea area and Sambetei Valley. The tour addresses medium level skiers, who have advanced knowledge of skiing in big snow.
Day 1: Arrival in Romania. Transfer to Brasov city. Accommodation in a private pension.
Day 2: Transfer to Poiana Brasov. Going up to Postavaru Peak, skiing to Timisu de Jos. Duration: 4-5 hours. Transfer to Fagaras Mountains, Balea Lake Chalet. Transfer duration: 2-3 hours.
Day 3: Skiing on Balii Valley and Balii Bucket. Accommodation: Balea Lake Chalet.
Day 4: Skiing on Doamnei Valley. Accommodation: Balea Lake Chalet.
Day 5: Skiing on Doamnei Valley. Different route than Day 3.
Day 6: Skiing on Balii Valley to Balea Waterfalls, transfer to Sambata Valey.
Day 7: Skiing up to Fereastra Mare a Sambetei (‘Big Window of Sambata’). Duration 2-3 hours. Skiing through Fereastra Mare to Valea Sambetei Chalet. Accommodation: Valea Sambetei Chalet.
Day 8: Skiing down on Sambata Valley to Brancoveanu Monastery. Transfer to Brasov, accommodation in a private pension.
Day 9: Departing Romania.
Details about the trip :
– best period for this trip : January – March
– minimum number of participants 1, maximum number of participants 6.
– compulsory equipment : touring skis and ski bindings, seal skins, avalanche shovel, avalanche transceiver, ARVA, protection helmet, crampons.
– the mean of transport will be chosen according to the number of participants.
– ski mountaineering which requires a good physical shape, with resistance to long duration effort, for medium level skiers, who have advanced knowledge of skiing in big snow.
– accommodation is done in mountain chalets and boarding houses.
– certified mountain guide during the entire tour.
– the price differs according to the number of participants, so please contact me for a final price.
– the price includes : transport, accommodation, all meals, certified mountain guide as tour leader.