Skiing 3 – 9 days touring ski and freeride in Bucegi and Fagaras Mountains, on Gaura, Ialomitei, Cerbului, Doamnei, Balii and Sambetei Valleys. The tour addresses advanced skiers, who have advanced knowledge of skiing in big snow.
Day 1: Arrival in Romania. Transfer to Busteni town. Accommodation at Silva Hotel.
Day 2: Going up, by cable car to Babele Chalet, followed by skiing accross to Omu peak chalet. Duration 2-3 hours, accommodation at Omu Peak Meteo Station.
Day 3: Skiing on Gaura Valley and Ialomita Valley. Accommodation at Omu Peak chalet.
Day 4: Skiing on Cerbului Valley then transfer to Fagaras Mountains, Balea area. Accommodation at Balea Lake Chalet.
Day 5: Skiing on Doamna Valley. Accommodation at Balea Lake Chalet.
Day 6: Skiing on Balii Valley to Balea Waterfalls, transfer to Sambata Valley.
Day 7: Skiing up to Fereastra Mare a Sambetei (‘Big Window of Sambata’). Duration 2-3 hours. Skiing through Fereastra Mare to Valea Sambetei Chalet. Accommodation: Valea Sambetei Chalet.
Day 8: Skiing down on Sambata Valley to Brancoveanu Monastery. Transfer to Brasov, accommodation in a private pension.
Day 9: Departing Romania.
Details about the trip :
– best period for this trip : February – March
– minimum number of participants 1, maximum number of participants 6.
– compulsory equipment : touring skis and ski bindings, seal skins, avalanche shovel, avalanche transceiver, ARVA, protection helmet, crampons.
– the mean of transport will be chosen according to the number of participants.
– ski mountaineering which requires a good physical shape, with resistance to long duration effort, for medium level skiers, who have advanced knowledge of skiing in big snow.
– accommodation is done in mountain chalets and boarding houses.
– certified mountain guide during the entire tour.
– the price differs according to the number of participants, so please contact me for a final price.
– the price includes : transport, accommodation, all meals, certified mountain guide as tour leader.