Iulian Cozma outdoor adventures
Lunga street, nr. 175, Brasov 500051, Romania
Tourism license 4148
Do you want to hike the Fagaras main ridge on summer of 2011 ? Please check the program, and choose the one how suit your holiday period. The hike is starting from Sibiu city, the European Capital of culture in 2007, and will traverse all the ridge of Transylvanian Alps until Brancoveanu Monastery from Sambata de Sus. Accommodation will be on mountains chalets, pensions and at Brancoveanu monastery.
– equipment what each member have to have and have to wear and carry on a day tour backpack of 20-30 litres, good mountain boots, rain clothes, warm clothes (fleece, gloves, hat), walking poles, sun glasses, sun cream, water bottle, personal medicamentation if is necessary, personal things – photo camera, batteries, films/media storage etc.
– if any person is under medicamentation program I have to know before the trip what type of medicamentation sh/he take and for what reason. I reserve the right to refuse any person who is under serious medicamentation program.
– the transport will be done with a Mercedes Sprinter bus, with air conditioned. Extra luggage will be transported by bus when is necessary. Please note that during the trip you will not have access to your main luggage!
– accommodation will be in hotels in the conditions described below.
– the participants have to carry on his/her backpacks the personal equipment, water bottle, picnic, etc
– groups will be leaded by me Iulian Cozma, English speaking mountain guide and one more licensed mountain guide, German speaking
Grade of the tour:
– challenging hiking – T3 grade from Swiss Alpine Club http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAC-Wanderskala
Path not consistently visible. Sensitive places can be secured with ropes or chains. Ladders are possible. Maybe the hands are needed for balance. If marked: white-red-white. Partially exposed to danger of falling. No Snow glaciers, grassy slopes.
Each tour start on Sunday and end on Saturday.
Number of participants: minimum 8, maximum 16.
Price per person 625 EURO/person.
Dead line for booking with 28 days before the trip start.
The price include accommodation, transportation during the trip in Romania, all the meals, English and German speaking mountain guides. Please not that the lunch will be as sandwiches. Price do not include the flight price, personal insurance and personal expenses during the trip. Each participant have to have medical insurance who cover hiking activities, and please ensure your policy includes medical emergency helicopter repatriation in the event of illness of injury.
Day 1. Individual arrival in Sibiu airport. Transfer to Hermannstadt pension in Sibiu.Accommodation in double rooms. Welcome dinner in a Romanian restaurant.
Included: transfer, dinner, accommodation.
Day 2. Visit for 2 hours Sibiu centre, and transfer by minibus to Poiana Neamtului chalet near Avrig village, from where we start a hike of 5 hours to Negoiu chalet Accommodation in double rooms, hot water shower available, common toilets on first floor. Climb 780 m, Descend 100 m.
Included: transfer, breakfast, sandwiches as lunch, dinner, accommodation, guide
Day 3. Hiking from Negoiu chalet to Balea Lac chalet, over Negoiu peak 2535 m high, the second highest peak in Romania. Duration 7-9 hours. Accommodation at Balea Lac chalet in double rooms with private bathroom. Climb 1.250 m, descend 750 m.
Included: breakfast, sandwiches as lunch, dinner, accommodation ,guide
Day 4. Hiking from Balea Lac chalet to Podragu chalet, duration 5-6 hours. Accommodation in a room with 10-16 beds, cold water shower available. Climb 1.100 m, Descent 1.000 m
Included: breakfast, sandwiches as lunch, dinner, accommodation, guide
Day 5. Podragu hut – Valea Sambetei, over the highest peak in Karpaten, Moldoveanu peak 2544 m high. Duration 8 1/2 – 9 1/2 hours. Accommodation on a private hut on Sambata Valley, situated at 1400 m high, on a dormitory. Climb 1.000 m, Descent 700 m.
Included:breakfast, sandwiches as lunch, dinner, accommodation, guide
Day 6. Descending from Fagaras mountains to Brancoveanu monastery from Sambata de Sus, duration 3 hours. Accommodation at Sambata de Sus monastery in double rooms, with private bathroom. Visit monastery and relaxing day. Climb 100 m, Descent 700 m
Included: breakfast, sandwiches as lunch, dinner, accommodation, guide.
Day 7. Transfer to Sibiu airport, duration 2 ½ – 3 hours. End of the program.
Included: breakfast, transfer.
For any inquiries or any question please feel free to contact me by email at email@example.com or by phone at +40 744 327 686
See you in Fagaras mountains!