– Trekking 1 –
Over 9 days, we will cross two of the most important massifs from Romania, Bucegi and Fagaras Mountains, climbing the highest peaks from the Romanian Carpathians Moldoveanu (2545m), Negoiu (2535m) and Vistea Mare (2527m). The accommodation is done in chalets and boarding houses.
Day 1: Arrival in Romania. Transfer to Busteni town. Accommodation in Silva Hotel.
Day 2: We will go up, by cable car to Babele Chalet, and cross Bucegi Mountains to Poarta Village. Duration : 6-7 hours, long route, medium effort but which offers an amazing view all day long. Accommodation at Moeciu de Sus boarding house.
Day 3: Tansfer to Fagaras Mountains, Balea Lake Chalet. During this day we will visit Brancoveanu Monastry from Sambata de Sus. Accommodation at Balea Lake Chalet.
Day 4: Balea Lake Chalet – Caltun Lake – Negoiu Peak, return to Balea Lake Chalet. During tis day we will climb the second highest peak from Romania, Negoiu Peak, with the altitude of 2535m. Duration 6-7 hours, medium effort, excellent view throughout the day. Accommodation : Balea Lake Chalet.
Day 5: Balea Lake Chalet – Capra Lake – Vanatoarea lui Buteanu Peak – Vaiuga Valley – Balea Lake Chalet. We are climbing another peak over 2500m high in this day, Vanatoarea lui Buteanu (2507m) which is offering one of the most spectacular panoramic views over Fagaras Mountains. Duration : 4-5 hours, low effort, accommodation : Balea Lake chalet.
Day 6: Balea Lake Chalet – Podragu Chalet, on the main ridge of Fagaras Mountains.
Duration : 5-6 hours, easy walk, nice landscape. Accommodation : Podragu Chalet.
Day 7: Podragu Chalet – Moldovenau Peak and return. We will climb the highest peak of the Romanian Carpathians, Moldoveanu Peak (2545m) as well as Vistea Mare Peak, the third highest from Romania. Duration : 6-7 hours, medium effort. Accommodation : Podragu Chalet.
Day 8: Podragu Chalet – Podragu Valley – Victoria city. Duration : 5-6 hours. Transfer to Brasov. Accommodation in a private pension in Brasov.
Day 9: Departing Romania.
Details about the trip :
– optimum time for this trip : July – October
– minimum number of participants 1, maximum number of participants 7.
– the mean of transport will be chosen according to the number of participants.
– mountain tour which requires a good physical shape, with resistance to low effort but for long duration.
– accommodation is done in mountain chalets and boarding houses.
– certified mountain guide during the entire tour
– the price differs according to the number of participants, so please contact me for a final price.
– the price includes : tranport, accommodation, all meals, certified mountain guide as tour leader.