Are you looking for a new mountain biking destination? One that is off the beaten path, uncrowded, but still within reach? With raw, natural trails that combine flow sections with demanding rock and root gardens? With warm accommodations, great food and experienced guiding and organisation?
Welcome to The Carpathian Mountains in South Transylvania, Romania, a true wonderland for mountain biking aficionados:
- Pure alpine territory: Bucegi Natural Park, Piatra Craiului National Park, Postavaru, Ciucas Mountains, etc. A big diversity of landscape and trail scenarios in a relatively small area, at altitudes ranging from 600m to 2500m;
- Extensive network of old hiking trails, suitable for mountain biking;
- A relatively low number of people (both hikers and bikers) on the trails;
- Ease of access by airports (Bucharest or Sibiu), or driving from Central Europe (about 10h drive from Vienna).
- A nice, historical city (Brașov) in the heart of the region, with nice restaurants, coffee places, and trails within minutes reach;
- A typical dry continental weather with a long biking season, from early April till mid October;
- Unspoiled rural lifestyle in the foothills of the mountains: you’ll be biking among old hay barns and animal shelters, sampling fresh made cheese or grabbing some porcini mushroom for a delicious appetiser at the dinner table;
- Close to historical/touristic milestones like Bran Castle, Peles Castle, Saxon Villages, Fortified Churches.
We have more than 20 years experience in organising outdoor activities, and more than 10 years of running mountain biking tours. This is what we are offering:
- Short mtb trips, either weekend escapes with friends, or maybe sticking a couple of days of biking to a business trip.
- All inclusive, week-long mtb tours for custom groups, or open tours for individual travellers. (see the detailed programs here: http://www.mtbtours.ro/en/)
- Custom mtb programs: tell us your level, the length of your stay, the group size and we’ll build the best possible tour for you.
- Mixed programs: for more eclectic groups, we can mix mountain biking with trail running, or trekking, or cultural visits – basically for groups of friends that don’t necessarily share the same passion for one specific outdoor activity, but want to spend together a nice, active holiday nonetheless.