The most attractive areas are the massive ridges of Iezer Papusa Mountains as well as some areas from Fagaras Mountains, from the smooth edges and eastern valleys to the mountain valleys – Vistea Mare, Vistisoara, Podragu, and other massifs from the Carpathians, like Bucegi mountains.
Usually, during one day, one could ski approximately ~3500-4000 metres level difference, which involves a good physical shape. Also, skiing is done only in off-piste areas, with big snow, so participants to such tours need to be good skiers.
Compulsory equipment: skis, shovel, avalanche transceiver / ARVA, protection helmet.
5 days heliski in Transylvanian Alps!
Program look as follow:
1. Sunday: individual arrival to Romania. Best places to fly are Bucharest or Sibiu. From both location to Brasov city are 2-3 hours of drive. Transfer to Brasov by minibus. Accommodation at Kolping hotel. Technical meeting.
2. Monday: fly to Bucegi mountains. From helicopter base to Bucegi mountains are ~ 5 minutes of flight. Skiing on Bucegi mountains. Ski descents ~ 4000 meters.
3. Tuesday: fly to Iezer Papusa mountains. Distance of flight from Brasov to Iezer Papusa mountains ~ 15 minutes. Ski on Iezer Papusa Mountains. Ski descents ~ 4000 meters.
4. Wednesday: fly to East part of Fagaras mountains. Distance to flight from Brasov to today location ~ 15 minutes. Ski on north and south valleys of Fagaras mountains, Transylvanian Alps. Ski descents ~ 4000 meters.
5. Thursday: fly to central part of Fagaras mountains. Distance of flight from Brasov to here, ~ 20 minutes. Ski on north and south valleys of Fagaras mountains, Transylvanian Alps. Ski descents ~ 4000 meters.
6. Friday: fly to west part of Fagaras mountains. Distance of flight from Brasov to here, ~ 20 minutes. Ski on north and south valleys of Fagaras mountains, Transylvanian Alps. Ski descents ~ 4000 meters.
7. Saturday: transfer to the airport. Individual departure from Romania. End of the program.
– The group will be guided me Iulian Cozma, licensed by the RMGA, with vast experience in skiing on the Carpathians.
– The skiing will be done in Fagaras, Iezer Papusa and Bucegi mountains.
– The descent by skis start from 2200-2500 meters, until 1400-1200 meters high
– Accommodation and helicopter base is Brasov city, south east of Transylvania
– The helicopter model is AS350B3, 5+1 places, experienced pilot.
-The price is 4685 EURO/person in double occupancy, add 240 EURO/person for single occupancy.
– The mentioned price is valid for a group of 8 persons.
On the mentioned price are included:- Accommodation in double or single rooms at Kolping Hotel situated on old center of Brasov city, at 5 minutes driving from our heliport.- All the meals, breakfast, lunch (as picnic) and dinners.- Unlimited skiing per day. This is mean that we start from our hotel after breakfast and we ski how much you want to or how much you can ski in one day!- Transfer from/to airport on first and last day.
Not included flight tickets to Romania, personal expenses, personal insurance, skiing equipment.
If some part from your equipment are missing I can provide them for a small extra charge.
In case of bad weather we’ll ski on the ski resorts near Brasov, Poiana Brasov, Sinaia, Azuga, Predeal.
Please feel free to ask any questions. I am looking forward to meeting you on The Transylvanian Alps!
For any small number of days for heliskiing please feel free to contact me!