– Trekking 2 –
A 8 days mountain trip in Fagaras Mountains, climbing the 3 highest peaks in the Romanian Carpathians : Moldoveanu-2545m, Negoiu-2535m and Vistea Mare-2527m.
Day 1: Arrival in Romania. Transfer to Brasov city. Accommodation in a private pension.
Day 2: Transfer by mini-bus to Fagaras Mountains, Balea Lake Chalet. During this day we will visit Brancoveanu Monastry from Sambata de Sus Village. Accommodation : Balea Lake Chalet.
Day 3: Balea Lake Chalet – Caltun Lake – Negoiu Peak, return to Balea Lake Chalet. We are going to climb the second highest peak from Romania, Negoiu Peak (2535m). Duration : 8-9 hours. Excellent view throughout the entire day. Accommodation : Balea Lake Chalet.
Day 4: Balea Lake Chalet – Capra Lake – Vanatoarea lui Buteanu Peak – Vaiuga Valley – Balea Lake Chalet. We are climbing another peak over 2500m high in this day, Vanatoarea lui Buteanu (2507m) which is offering one of the most spectacular panoramic views over Fagaras Mountains. Duration : 4-5 hours. Accommodation : Balea Lake chalet.
Day 5: Balea Lake Chalet – Podragu Chalet, on the main ridge of Fagaras Mountains. Duration : 5-6 hours, moderate hike, nice landscape. Accommodation : Podragu Chalet.
Day 6: Podragu Chalet – Moldovenau Peak and return. We will climb the highest peak of the Romanian Carpathians, Moldoveanu Peak (2545m) as well as Vistea Mare Peak, the third highest peak from Romania. Duration : 6-7 hours. Accommodation : Podragu Chalet.
Day 7: Podragu Chalet – Podragu Valley – Victoria city. Duration : 5-6 hours. Transfer to Brasov. Accommodation in a private pension.
Day 8: Departing Romania.
Details about the trip :
– optimum time for this trip : July – October
– minimum number of participants 1, maximum number of participants 7.
– the mean of transport will be chosen according to the number of participants.
– mountain tour which requires a good physical shape, with resistance to low effort but for long duration.
– accommodation in mountain chalets.
– licensed mountain guide during the entire tour.
– the price differs according to the number of participants, so please contact me for a final price.
– the price includes : transport, accommodation, all meals, licensed mountain guide as tour leader.